Eating Well Not Less X The Studio: Spring Clean Recipes
Peanut Butter Salted Date Chocolate Mousse
It’s week 5 of The Studio x Eating Well Not Less 6-week spring clean, Steph is bringing you a post-Easter treat!
Today’s recipe is one of my faves that I’ve cooked in a while! Tastes so indulgent but is packed with healthy fats, protein, and fiber. The salted date paste is amazing and makes a jar so you’ll have plenty left to enjoy on porridge, with yogurt, or smothered on toast with some peanut butter.
It’s fully vegan as well and perfect for the nice weather we’re being treated to!
? 1 can coconut cream (they’re small!)
? 2 tbsp peanut butter
? 4 tbsp cacao powder
? 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the salted dates (makes a jar of date paste)
? 275g dates
? pinch of salt
? tsp vanilla essence
? peanut butter (I used mani life deep roast)
? dark chocolate to grate on top
- In a bowl, add the coconut cream but don’t let all of the coconut water fall in. If it does just take a bit out. Otherwise, the mousse won’t be nice and thick. A couple of tbsp of the water in there is fine.
2. Add the peanut butter to the coconut cream and whisk until smooth. Then whisk in the cacao powder & maple syrup. If you like things sweet you may need more syrup but I like it nice and dark choc flavoured. Place into the fridge whilst we make the date paste
3. Put the dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 15 mins to soften then drain. Place into a food processor with a pinch of salt and tsp of vanilla essence. Blitz until you have a smooth paste. Decant into a jar.
4. Take the mousse out of the fridge. If it’s gone too thick for you just loosen it up with a little milk or the leftover coconut water. Then get 2 glasses ready, I like using little champagne coupes or martini glasses. Put a blob of peanut butter in the bottom of the glass. Then put a blob of the date paste on top of the peanut butter. Finally, top with the mousse.
5. Finish with a grating of dark choc! Enjoy!
Keep your eyes peeled every week for a new recipe.
Head to Stephs Spring Clean intro blog to find all the previous recipes in one place.
Find out more about Steph below.
Steph – Eating Well Not Less
Tell us what you think in the comments below!
Fancy another chocolate treat? Find out what recipe Steph brought us on easter weekend HERE.